Friday, August 8, 2008

Liam the pianist / Liam el pianista




In the past few months we have noticed that Liam is very interested in pianos, wherever we go that there is a piano he will try to play it. He actually doesn't bang the piano like other kids. He even understands (without us pointing it out) that the papers on top are the music and he needs to read it to play it. So, he has been asking for a piano, and since I always wanted to play myself, or have a child how plays we got one. My father in law brought it yesterday and I sat down to play "London bridge is falling down", I know, I said I wanted to play, I didn't say I could... but he heard me and sat besides me and in 5 minutes he learned it. He plays it with his index finger in the video but he can actually use 3 fingers and he is learning the left hand too. He was actually pretty tired in the video, I took it at around 10 pm last night. I am so proud of my little guy. Also, this morning he got up and went straight for the piano and started playing "London bridge is falling down" again and again... Well, maybe we have a musician in the house! :) Remember, he is only 4!

En los ultimos meses hemos notado que Liam esta muy interesado en pianos, a donde sea que vayamos y que haya un piano el trata de tocarlo. A contrario de otros niños no golpea las teclas. Incluso entiende (sin que nosotros le hayamos explicado) que los papeles son la musica y que necesita leerlos para tocar. Asi que ha estado pidiendo un piano, y como siempre he querido tocar yo, o tener un hijo que toque el piano, compramos uno. Mi suegro lo trajo ayer y me sente a tocar "London bridge is falling down", ya se, dije que queria tocar, no que podia tocar... pero el me escucho y se vino a sentar conmigo y lo aprendio en 5 minutos. En el video lo toca con el dedo indice pero realmente lo puede tocar con 3 dedos y esta aprendiendo la mano izquierda tambien. En el video estaba bastante cansado porque eran las 10 de la noche ayer. Estoy tan orgullosa de mi pequeñito. Esta mañana se levanto y fue derecho al piano a tocar "London bridge is falling down" una y otra vez... Quizas tengamos un musico en la casa! :) Acuerdense que solo tiene 4 años!

No comments: