Sunday, May 24, 2009

Books / Libros

Most of you know that I am not very much into books... Yes, I read all of the Chronicles of Narnia books but it took me months, almost a year to read all 7 of them. When Twilight came out a lot of people were trying to get me to read them but I was not open for them. I just saw how crazy everyone was about them so I decided to skip. Then, I finally watched the movie and I got the curiosity bug and I finally accepted to borrow a copy of Twilight. I took it home and placed it on my nightstand for almost a week. Finally I gave up and started reading it and I couldn't stop. I was in trance. It was amazing... I wanted to read and nothing else. A book never had that effect on me. It was strange. I immediately fell in love with the characters and fell a connection.
I really liked the first book.

La mayoria de uds saben que no leo mucho... Si, lei todos los libros de "Las cronicas de Narnia" pero me llevo meses, casi un año para leer los 7. Cuando "Crepusculo" salio a la venta varias amigas trataron de que yo lo leyera pero no me llamaron la atencion. Vi como la gente estaba loca con ellos y preferi evitarlos. Luego vi la pelicula y me pico el bichito de la curiosidad y finalmente acepte una copia prestada de "Crepusculo". La lleve a casa y la puse en la mesa de luz por como una semana. Cuando por fin empece a leerlo no pude parar. Estaba como en trance. Era formidable... Queria leer y nada mas. Ningun libro habia tenido ese efecto en mi. Era extraño. Inmediatamente me encamore de los protagonistas y senti una coneccion. Realmente me encanto el primer libro.

At the end of the first book you can read the first chapter of the second book. I was desperate to keep reading so the next morning I went to borrow book 2 and 3. The second book was a little slow. I just couldn't wait for Edward to be back. I was getting anxious with each page. Since I was so eager for him to be back I read it in 1 day.

Al final del primer libro puedes leer el primer capitulo del segundo libro. Estaba desesperada por seguir leyendo asi que al dia siguiente fui a buscar prestado el libro 2 y 3. El segundo libro fue un poco mas lento. No podia esperar a que Edward regresara. Me estaba poniendo muy ansiosa con cada pagina. Como estaba con tantas ganas de que el regresara lo lei en un dia.

Eclipse was great, I really liked it too. Very fast reading.

Eclipse fue genial, tambien me encanto. Fue rapido de leer.

Breaking dawn was awesome, I was sad when I was done. I wanted to read more. I sure hope that she continues the stories...

"Amanecer" fue exelente, me puse triste cuando lo termine. Queria leer mas. Espero que continue escribiendo historias sobre ellos...

Since I couldn't get enough from those 4 books I went online to read stuff about them and I happened to find Stephanie Meyer's website where I was very happy to find out she is writing "Midnight Sun". I am sure the picture below is not actually the future book cover. She is not even done writing the book... Below you can find a link to her website where you can read the first 12 chapters of the book (draft).

Como me quede con ganas de leer mas despues de los 4 libros me meti en el internet para leer cosas sobre ellos y encontre la pagina de web de Stephanie Meyer. Me puso muy feliz cuando vi que esta escribiendo "Sol de Medianoche". Estoy segura que la foto de abajo no es realmente la tapa del libro ya que aun no lo ha terminado... Abajo esta el enlace donde se pueden leer los primeros 12 capitulos del libro en ingles (composicion de la primer forma).

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

As everyone knows Twilight movie has been out since December and now they are working on New Moon. I can't wait to see it too.

Como todos saben, la pelicula "Crepusculo" ya salio en Diciembre y ahora estan trabajando en la segunda pelicula "Luna Nueva". No puedo esperar para verla tambien.


4 comments:

* said...

So funny! That you got sucked into the Twilight world, too. Just when you thought you could resist it...

:)

Yeah, I'm a big fan, too, but mostly of book #1 & #4.

Have you read "The host" yet by Meyer? I haven't, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

Familia Durham said...

I borrowed "The Host" from a friend... I started it but I just couldn't get into it. I think Twilight was still in my head... I only read 4 chapters and today I took it to another friend because she had asked to borrow it before me and they have book club on the 11th and it is about that book. I don't go to book club so when she finishes it I will get it back and I will read it.

Yeah... I can't believe that I got sucked into Twilight myself. Like I said before, I am not a reader and this was a little frightening... I mean, I was not even eating those days... I stopped to give the kids a quick sandwich and that was it. CRAZY! Luckily I can afford to skip food for a few days. ;0)

Sarah said...

That's so funny. I miss those books. I hope she finds a way to write more. Maybe based on Reneseme.

Familia Durham said...

Yeah, I want to buy the books. I borrowed them from a friend but now I want my own since I know I will read them again.