Saturday, February 14, 2009

Life change

I never blog, as in write down what I am thinking... so here is a first. I am thinking about tomorrow... Jody's work schedule will change. He will still be working third shift but I think (despite the $ cut) that it will be good for us... not only me and Jody but also for the kids. This past year Jody has been working 2 days on - 2 days off, 3 days on - 3 days off. He usually left the house at 5:30 pm and came back at 7:10 am. Did I also mention he is going to school? Sometimes he goes to school from 9 am until 2 pm... then gets home... basically takes a nap and gets up at 5 pm to go back to work and then to school at 8 am until midday... CRAZY life... so, now, Jody will have to be at work at 10:45 pm and will be coming home at 7:20 am. What does this mean? We'll be able to have family dinner together every night. I won't feel like a single mom all the time. Plus... maybe I can take on those adult ballet classes I have been wanting to go to. But most important... he will be able to sleep a lot more and I won't have to worry about him falling asleep on the road. I think we will all enjoy more quality time and that is great!

3 comments:

Becka Babe said...

Wow I understand that life so well right now, but until Tim is done with school what choice do we have? :)

* said...

Sounds like a good thing, then. I want to hear all about your adult ballet class! You go, girl! ;)

Sarah said...

Yay for hubbies.